We have a delicious treat for you today!
It’s our latest list of favorite grab & go pre-workout snacks.
But don’t let the “pre-workout” label fool you – they actually make for a healthy snack any time of day!
Ready? Here’s our current list of favorite snacks. They all have 3 things in common.
They are portable, require almost no effort to prepare, and they taste great.
And even better… they won’t weigh you down during your workout.
- 1 tbsp peanut or almond butter on a medium banana or an apple.
- 100 calorie package of nuts
- ½ cup (40 g) (dry) oatmeal with 1 cup (240 ml) of your favorite milk and handful of berries
- 2 rice cakes with 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 hard-boiled egg with handful of berries or grapes
- Deli meat roll-ups: 2-3 slices of uncured turkey rolled up inside a mini whole-grain tortilla
- Single serving (150 g) of low-fat, low-sugar Greek yogurt.
My first choice is an apple with some nut butter an apple with some nut butter, which I like it is a good combo of protein and carbs, and it’s crunchy and sweet.
The whole idea of a pre-workout snack is to give your body the right amount of fuel to make it through your workout feeling strong, without a rumbling stomach by the end!
If you like easy nutrition and recipe ideas like these, you’ll love our From Stressed to Boot Camp.
We specialize in easy-to-prepare meals that not only taste great but help you get real results along with simple fitness routines you can do at home.