We’ve got a SHOCKING stat for you!
Only 1 out of every 10 people eat enough of this kind of food …
Even though it helps
- keep your heart healthy …
- your skin glowing …
- your energy high …
- your hormones balanced …
- and your gut happy.
PLUS, it can also help
- boost your mood AND
- manage your weight, while
- fending off serious diseases like obesity, diabetes, and more.
In case you haven’t guessed it yet, this food is actually an entire group of foods – fruits and veggies! But for whatever reason, most of us don’t get enough of them!
Every day, it’s recommended that we eat:
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of fruits AND
- 2 to 3 cups of vegetables
AND … we have a little “see for yourself” challenge today:
→ FOR ONE MONTH, we want you to boost your fruit and veggie intake. That’s long enough for you to start seeing and feeling the difference!
Here are a few ideas to add veggies & fruits to your meals:
- Make it a point to eat a salad for lunch every day
- Add spinach or kale to sauces, smoothies, soups, or stews
- Automatically add a side of veggies every time you eat dinner. Frozen veggies can make this easier and also help save money on your grocery bill.
- Add veggies to your casseroles … even meatloaf – you can add spinach, peppers, pumpkin, etc.
- Eat fruit with your breakfast
If you “hate” veggies, texture may be the issue.
Try riced vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, carrots – riced just means that the veggies have been cut into small rice sized pieces. There are tons of varieties in the frozen foods section of your grocery store.
You can of course do this at home with a food processor. We have found this to be a game changer in the number and variety of vegetables we consume!
So … one month to explore the power of fruits & veggies in your diet. Are you in?
Let us know in the comments!
Just a reminder … if you’re looking for a jumpstart, our From Stressed to Best Boot Camp will help you boost your basics with a proven plan to conquer stress and get in the best shape of your life. If you want to know more, just click the link!